Listen in, and you’ll learn:
- Why leadership is a never-ending journey
- Why it’s so important to reinforce the mission
- How to assemble your small army
- Why you’ll want to think big and act small
- Why you can never stop learning
- Why you must be willing to be vulnerable
- How to share tough love
- Why your personal health is so important
Notes from this Episode
1. They consistently reinforce the mission.
- Simon Sinek’s TED Talk, “Start With Why”
2. They assemble their small army.
- “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
3. They think big and act small.
- “Most of us over estimate what we can accomplish in a year, but severely underestimate what we can do in a decade.” – Tony Robbins
4. They never stop learning.
- When you stop growing, you start dying. And when the leader stops growing, the team starts dying.
5. They’re willing to be vulnerable.
6. They’re willing to share tough love.
7. They understand the importance of their own health.
- Charlie Gilkey, Episode 10
- You Can’t Do Your Job If You Don’t Sleep, The Energy Project
- Overcoming Decision Fatigue, Episode 14
- My Surprising Health Habits, Episode 8
Join us for #habitchat on Twitter every Wednesday at Noon CST. (That’s 1pm EST, and 10am PST.) Curious how it works? I explain it all here.
And be sure to Join the Tribe for all the latest updates and resources.
If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite platform so you’ll never miss an episode.
Do you have a suggestion or an idea for a show? Please email me at kk [at] habitchef [dot] com. I’d love to hear from you!
Want an easy way to share this with your friends? Click here to tweet your support.
Also, if you’re enjoying the show, please consider rating it in iTunes and leaving a short written review. Those are incredibly important for helping others discover it when they search.