In this episode of The Habit Chef Podcast, we’ll explore the role of identity in habit development using James Clear’s latest writings. We’ll also focus on specific ways you can use this approach.
Listen in, and you’ll learn:
- Why proving your identity is more important than results, especially at first
- How to use this approach to start your habit snowball
- How to work backwards to select your tiny habits
- Why it’s important to recognize propaganda and choose your identity instead of automatically following the default option
Resources from this Episode
- Identity-Based Habits: How To Actually Stick to Your Goals This Year by James Clear
- 5 Ways to Make New Habits Stick (Episode 4)
- How to Use Rituals to Overcome Procrastination (Episode 11)
- The Amazing Power of I Don’t (rather than I can’t) by Heidi Halvorson
- Lift App
- Join the Habit Tribe
Join us for #habitchat on Twitter every Wednesday at Noon CST. (That’s 1pm EST, and 10am PST.)
If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite platform so you’ll never miss an episode.
Do you have a question or an idea for a show? Please email me at kk [at] habitchef [dot] com. I’d love to hear from you!
Want an easy way to share this with your friends? Click here to tweet your support.
Also, if you’re enjoying the show, please consider rating it in iTunes and leaving a short written review. Those are incredibly important for helping others discover it when they search.