In this episode of The Habit Chef Podcast, you’ll discover why you don’t need willpower and instead, how to use 5 simple strategies for creating new habits.
Click here to play the podcast in a new window.
More specifically, you’ll learn:
- Why willpower doesn’t work, or causes more problems
- How to add momentum to your habit snowball
- How to apply Proverbs 4:26 that tells us to “make level paths for our feet”
- How to feel like your snowball is rolling downhill
Links from this Episode:
To prepare for your habit snowball, clear the path.
1. Remove temptations and obstacles.
2. Be specific and focus directly on your habit, not other details.
3. Play the movie to anticipate problems before they arise.
Once you’ve cleared the path, now you can push your snowball downhill.
4. Set the trigger to take advantage of habits you already have. (trigger ideas)
5. Decide how you’ll celebrate.
Thanks so much for listening! Please be sure to let me know if you have any questions you’d like for me to answer in an upcoming episode.
Click here to subscribe or leave a review in iTunes.
Or, click here to try out my new favorite – Stitcher Radio.